(Brass, Bellingham chapel N). To Memory of William Ianson
of Highgate, Kendal, Founder of Ianson
's Charity, Who was buried December . 4th. 1615. He was a man full of good works & alms deeds which he did. The trustees of his charity in 1868, though sensible that the good deeds of Mr. Ianson
will outlive either marble or brass, have nevertheless thought meet to renew this simple tribute to his memory; the original memento having long disappeared from the church.